Wednesday, September 12, 2007

drawing stephanie brown

My life has been too hectic and full of job interviews for much recommendation-writing . . . yet somehow I have time to draw. Well, when Dean Trippe exhorts the internet at large to draw Stephanie Brown, how can I resist?

Two images . . . one slightly altered Robin costume, and one envisioning the return of the Spoiler. I much prefer the first one, but thought I'd share both. I really didn't have time to do backgrounds or shading, but still, this was a lot of fun. (Click the thumbnails to view full-sized versions.)

Steph #1 Steph #2

That's all for now! Hopefully I can get the first batch of recommendations started soon, even in the midst of trying to move to Boston. Whew.

3 comments:

Swinebread said...

Very Nice. I like your style. How long did they take?

For some weird reason I'm getting a mental image of indy western comic from Boom Studios drawn by you.

turtlesoup said...

Thanks! Oh, I didn't time myself, or work all the way through in one go. I'd guess a couple of hours for each . . . the Spoiler redesign went a lot faster at all stages, for some reason.

Well gosh, maybe someday! I still have a lot to learn before I try and pursue something like that.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely set of Stephs!